Welcome to the Afghan Community Islamic Center of San Diego – Masjid Tawheed
Current Iqama Times
Ramadan 1428/2017 Prayer Schedule
ACIC is an Islamic center that is designed to serve as a focus for Muslim heritage and identity in greater San Diego, California in the United States of America.
ACIC will focus on Islamic heritage by encouraging balanced social integration, peaceful coexistence and promoting community development. These elements constitute a significant challenge to Muslims in the West, particularly in the USA, and it is the aim of the ACIC to help Afghan and other Muslims in the greater San Diego area rise to this challenge.
In addition, the center will provide an interface for San Diego-based organizations & individuals with which to understand Islam and Muslims, in order to promote integration and harmonious relations with Muslim and Muslim society at large.
Please join us every Monday and Thursday for iftar.
What is Islam and who are Muslims?
Based on its linguistic origin, the Arabic word ‘Islam’ means to achieve peace–peace with God, peace within oneself, and peace with the creations of God through submission to God and commitment to His guidance.
Islam is not a new religion but the final culmination and fulfillment of the same basic truth that God revealed through all His prophets to every people. For a fifth of the world’s population, Islam is not just a personal religion but a complete way of living.
Reach out and help build a better community
We really need your help and support to help make our community a better place to live in. Just imagine the benefits of your kind donation. It will make all the difference to our children now and inshallah for you in the hereafter. So please reach out and help to build a better community today.
How can you contribute to your community?
- Become a member and encourage your family and friends to do so as well.
- Participate in daily, Jum’ah, Eid, and Janazah prayers.
- Support the kids weekend training and positive cultural behavior program.
- Support the youth training programs and activities.
- Support the neighborhood and the community interfaith programs.
- Participate in training sessions for adults.
- Participate in special programs during Ramadan.
- Participate in our events (Eid festival, community meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Learn about Islamic marriage.
- Participate in the funeral and memorial services.
- Participate in our weekly Iftar and Khatm Al-Qur’an program.